Cellulite is a condition resulting from weakened connective tissues in the dermis (skin), increased fat storage in the adipocytes (fat cells) and fluid retention due to poor circulation and lymphatic drainage.
The question that everyone asks is "Endermologie - does it work?" The answer is simply 'Yes", and in these few pages, I'll help to explain how and why.
Endermologie Lipomassage is carried out with a machine called the CelluM6 Integral.
The Integral uses a gentle and variable vacuum suction (therefore using negative pressure) and mechanised rollers with variable speed and direction to mechanically massage the skin. This 'Mecano Stimulation' technique means it offers a much more effective result than manual massage.
This massage has the following biological effects:
- It softens the hardened contracted septa to restore elasticity.
- It activates adipocytes (fat cells) in the subcutaneous fat layer, causing them to release fat.
- It increases vascular microcirculation to allow for better circulation of oxygenated blood and nutrient delivery.
- It improves lymphatic circulation to assist in moving trapped fluid and toxins out.
- By stimulating beta receptors, Endermologie increases lipolysis which is the breakdown of lipids and release of fat from cells back into the circulation for metabolism.
- It activates fibroblasts (connective tissue cells which produce collagen and elastin) to smooth and tone the skin.
A course of Endermologie treatments leaves the skin feeling and looking smoother and softer with less noticeable cellulite.